DVD to Microsoft Surface – Watch DVD Movies on Surface Tablets
"From touch to type, office to living room, from your screen to the big screen, you can see more, share more, and do more with Surface. " is a slogan of Microsoft Surface. Indeed, Surface tablets, especially Surface with Window 8 Pro, are powerful: Microsoft Office; Windows Mail and Messaging; SkyDrive; Internet Explorer 10; Xbox Music, Video, and Games are available as a common Windows PC.
Though users can only install apps from Windows Store on Surface with Windows RT, it's still an ideal for watching HD movies, playing games, reading eboks, checking emails, browsing Web pages, sharing information with social media on its 16:9 aspect ratio extra-wide viewing angle display, capturing life's import moments in photos and videos with the quipped front and rear facing LifeCam cameras, chatting with friends with Skype, taking notes in OneNote, or even carrying the super light and thin Touch Cover or Type Cover keyboard when on the go.
It's a pity that Surface tablets cannot play DVD discs directly since there are no built-in DVD drives as other tablets like iPad 4, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, etc. Carrying an external DVD drive and some DVD discs are unrealistic when you are on the move. Also, watching DVD discs on Surface with an external drive will make the battery of Surface run down easily and shorten the life time of Surface. You may be disappointed that you cannot play DVD discs on Surface directly.
HandBrake is one of the best open source all-in-one video converter, DVD ripper and Blu-ray ripper. If you just want to rip home-made DVDs for Surface, you can use the free HandBrake. If you want to rip DVDs with copy protections, you may have to use the professional DVD ripper. (For Mac users, please refer to DVD Ripper for Mac).
1. Handbrake cannot remove copy protections from encrypted DVDs, so it can only deal with home-made DVDs without DRM restrictions.
2. Handbrake only output .mkv and .mp4, which is not natively supported by Surface, so you may have to use another free video converter to convert .mkv or .mp4 to .wmv video for playing on Surface.
3. DVD Ripper Platinum will run directly on your Surface with Window 8 Pro if you have an external USB DVD drive. However, it's not recommended because of the high power consumption and high heat when reading DVD discs.
To rip commercial DVDs rent or bought that are protected with DRM, download and install the powerful DVD ripper first. And follow the steps to put DVD on Surface:
STEP ONE: Run the DVD ripper for Surface on your PC or Mac, and then load the DVD discs or DVD files (including DVD folder, DVD ISO file (Windows), DVD IFO files, .dvdmedia file (Mac)) that you want to put on your Surface.
STEP TWO: Select the audio track and subtitle desired and set the output profile as .wmv, .asf, DivX .avi or MPEG-1 .mpg (Surface supported video formats) for Surface.
STEP THREE: Start the DVD to Surface conversion by hitting the "Start" button. After a short while, the conversion will be finished and you can copy the output movies to Surface tablet with a mobile hard drive or thumb drive, via WIFI or SkyDrive. Then, you can play DVD on Surface no matter where you are, in living room, in kitchen, in office, in the car, on the plane or in the open air.
1. Surface with Widows RT doesn't build in with Window Media Player, you may need to download one or another media player from Windows Store.
2. To convert other standard videos and HD videos as FLV, MKV, MP4, MTS, M2TS, MOV, VOB, 3GP to Surface supported video formats, try this all-in-one video converter.
Ready to download this DVD to Surface converter?
You may also like:
- Video/DVD/Blu-ray Software
- PDF Tools
- Portable Solutions
- PC Utilities
- Video/DVD/Blu-ray Apps for Mac
- Mac Utilities
- How tos
- Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
- Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- Restore iPhone without iTunes
- Galaxy S3 Recovery
- Nexus 7 Recovery
- DVD to Blackberry Z10
- DVD to Nexus 7
- DVD to Nexus 10
- Video to Nexus 7
- DVD to Kindle Fire HD
- DVD to Surface
- Transfer Videos to iPhone 5
- DVD to iPhone 5
- DVD to Lumia 920 & 820
- DVD to iPad 4
- Play AVI on iPad 4
- DVD to Galaxy Note 10.1
- DVD to Galaxy Note 2
- DVD to Galaxy S3 Mini
- DVD to Sony Xperia Tablet S
- Play DVD on Wii
- DVD to DivX
- Free Resources