Play AVI on iPad 4 - How to convert AVI to iPad 4 Video
NOTE: This guide also applies to iPad 1, iPad 2, The new iPad (iPad 3), iPad with Retina display (iPad 4), iPad Air (iPad 5), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display (iPad mini 2), iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 4.
Usually, there are discussions about playing an AVI on iPad 4 on Yahoo! Answers, Apple Support Communities or other Apple forums.
Here are some examples on this topic:
1. "hey can anyone please tell me how to import .avi movies to ipad 4" (from dsouza.merrell)
2. "How can you watch .avi movies on iPad 4?" (from Luckyeast)
3. "Do you guys have any sugestion what converter program is best for converting .avi files into files that is supported by iPad 4 and AppleTV?" (from PoorCadaver)
4. "Is it possible to play .avi movies on iPad 4?" (from amabdelsalam)
5. "Can you add Avi files to the Ipad 4? I was wondering if I could add some of my home movies to my iPad 4 to show some of my friends. Is it possible to do and if so how?" (from Greywolf McGrowler)
6. "I was just wondering, if there's any way I watch .AVI files on my iPad 4? And a quick tutorial on how to transfer the files to the iPad 4 itself." (from robot6494)
7. "I have a couple of .avi files that I put them in my Movies folder on my Mac Pro. I'd like to sync these .avi movies to iPad 4. I tried to "Add to Library" but don't see it in my Movies under Library. Is it because it's not a .mov or .m4v file? But I see iPad supported file format including avi, is that true? What I am doing wrong?" (from cherrymm30)
iPad 4 does support .avi files: Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format. Actually, avi is only a container for a variety of codecs, "Motion JPEG" being one of them and mostly used by video-capture devices such as digital cameras, IP cameras, and webcams; and by non-linear video editing systems. M-JPEG enjoys native support by the QuickTime Player, the PlayStation console, and browsers such as Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. However, .avi files downloaded from the Internet most likely use Divx/Xvid as a codec, thus they will not be able to be imported into iTunes and play on the iPad 4.
To play an .avi file with Divx or Xvid codec on iPad 4, you may first need to convert the .avi file to iPad 4 supported video formats: H.264/MPEG-4 .mp4, .mov or .m4v with the AVI to iPad 4 video converter or Mac AVI to iPad 4 video converter.
After installation and launch of the AVI to iPad 4 converter, you'll enter the main interface of the software.
To convert your .avi files to iPad 4 supported videos, only 3 easy steps are needed:
Step 1: Click "File" or drag and drop to import your .avi files;
Step 2: Set the output profile as "The New iPad " from "Profile" drop-down list or clicking the device/format icon;
Step 3: Click the "Start" button to start the conversion.
The conversion will be done at an ultra-fast speed. Then, you can import the output videos converted from .avi files to iTunes and sync to your iPad 4 with ease.
1. This video converter cannot only convert .avi files for iPad 4, but also convert other almost all popular formats (.mp4, .mkv, .flv, .wmv, .vob, .mts, .m2ts, .mpg, .mpeg, etc.) and rip various DVDs for iPad 4;
2. This video converter allows users to select subtitle and audio track for the output video;
3. Some easy editing functions are supported: merging, trimming, cropping, applying video effects, and watermarking.
Ready to download this AVI to iPad 4 video converter?
You may also like:
- How to rip DVD to iPad 4
- How to play DVD on Galaxy Note 2
- How to play DVD on Sony Xperia Tablet S
- How to convert & transfer movies to iPhone 5
- How to rip & convert DVD to Nexus 7
- How to convert video to Nexus 7
- Video/DVD/Blu-ray Software
- PDF Tools
- Portable Solutions
- PC Utilities
- Video/DVD/Blu-ray Apps for Mac
- Mac Utilities
- How tos
- Recover Deleted Text Messages
- Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
- Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- Recover Deleted iMessages
- Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
- Restore iPhone without iTunes
- Fix iPad & iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- iPhone Recovery Mode
- Galaxy S3 Recovery
- Nexus 7 Recovery
- DVD to Blackberry Z10
- DVD to Nexus 7
- DVD to Nexus 10
- Video to Nexus 7
- DVD to Kindle Fire HD
- DVD to Surface
- Transfer Videos to iPhone 5
- DVD to iPhone 5
- DVD to Lumia 920 & 820
- DVD to iPad 4
- Play AVI on iPad 4
- DVD to Galaxy Note 10.1
- DVD to Galaxy Note 2
- DVD to Galaxy S3 Mini
- DVD to Sony Xperia Tablet S
- Play DVD on Wii
- DVD to DivX
- Free Resources